Business & Merchandising ManagerApply for the role
We are looking to expand our team and hiring a professional to assist in taking up the initiatives on the product sourcing front. We want to build an end to end fulfilment platform for international buyers to source products in the home decor category from India. You’ll work directly with the Head of Business Development, CEO and other Co-founders to attract buyers and set up systems, processes and teams to provide an end to end sourcing solution for buyers. You’ll get a unique opportunity to be part of the founding team of a category defining start-up.
Wondering what your responsibilities would be?
We’ll provide you a chance to grow as a professional, and build something lasting. In this role you will
1. Create and maintain an image which is synonymous with the brand
2. Analysing past sales figures/future trends/market research to anticipate product needs & develop market strategy for growth & expansion
3. Reach out to potential retailers/wholesalers/potential business hubs/e-commerce websites in the home & lifestyle segment to grow business within the region
4. Relaying the plan to the buyer with exact requirements & negotiating best prices & quality standards to close business deals
5. Responsible for top lines & revenue growth within the region
6. Finding best possible solutions for liquidating ageing inventory/designs/left over stock piles
7. Understanding the market/region dynamics & seasonality for pitching the right kind of product
8. Responsible for product selection and assortment decisions
9 Responsible for setting product pricing through margin analysis and competitive market research
> Follow-up on key indicators: Shipment timing, Sourcing, Negotiation etc.
> Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Here's what we're looking for
3- 5 years of experience in an established home & lifestyle retail chains/ buying houses and proven ability to drive revenue
> Well networked with retailers/wholesalers/e-commerce websites/hotel chains etc that deal with home & lifestyle products
> Experience of working with buyers and vendors in the home & lifestyle category- Handicrafts, Rugs/carpets, Cushions, Throws, Furniture, Bed linen, Table linen, home textiles etc.
> Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
> Skilled in Analysing data to identify trends and potential risks and opportunities
> Ability to make business projections & sales plans